My name is Colin Barrett. I am a computer programmer and this is my personal website.
- Check out Urho3D (I have been a very occasional contributor). [C++]
- A clone of Drop7 made using Unity3D. Play it in your browser. [C#]
- A Windows/MacOS Unity3D plugin for reading audio data from microphones and such. [C++, C#]
- Some game jam things using LÖVE. [Lua]
- Messing about with the data files for Jedi Knight. [C]
- 2015- / Microsoft (Havok) / Dublin, Ireland / Senior Software Engineer
- 2012-2015 / Havok / Dublin, Ireland / Software Developer
- 2008-2012 / Freelance / Dublin, Ireland / Software Developer
- Developed OpenGLES renderer for an augmented reality mobile game. [C++, Java, Android] / [press]
- Implemented cross-platform Lua scripted game engine. [C++, Lua, Windows, Xbox360, PlayStation3] / [product page]
- Developed cross-platform camera input/image processing plugins for ‘motion controlled’ games. [C++, C#, Unity3D, Adobe Director, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android] / [client, game, game]
- Ported several small games from Adobe Director to iOS. [Objective C++, Adobe Director, iOS] / [Defuser review]
- 2003-2007 / Havok / San Francisco, CA, USA / Senior Devrel Engineer
- 2000-2003 / Havok / Dublin, Ireland / Developer Relations Engineer
- Provided technical support for licensees of Ipion.
- Developed cross-platform feature demos for Havok Physics. Represented Havok at developer conferences and trade shows.
- 1996-2000 / Dublin City University
- BSc (First class honours) Mathematical Sciences